Tuesday, February 8, 2011

39/365

We don't drink that many things in our house. Milk, water and seltzer and on occasion we'll have juice around. I know we probably sound like the most boring family around, but we really stay clear of softdrinks and sportsdrinks and kid juices. For the most part, we stay clear from sugary drinks. Recently, I started adding coconut water to my list. A friend of mine introduced me to it last year and I would buy it here and there only because there weren't that many places carrying the drink at the time. Now I seem to find them everywhere.

Coconut water (not to be confused with the SUPER fatty coconut milk) is really good for you. It's 99% fat free, low in carbs and sugar, raises your metabolism, promotes weight loss, boosts your immune system, packed with tons of potassium, carries more electrolytes than a sports drinks (think SUPER hydration), has more nutrients than whole milk, and is naturally sterile.

Best of all? It's really good. Different, than what most people may be used to, but it has a gentle sweet taste to it.

Yesterday, I decided to try Coconut Water with Acai and Pomegranate. It sounded pretty darn good. Little A thought so too. I gave him a sip first and he made the most horrible face I have ever seen. He spit it out in the sink.

"That bad?" I said

"Yuck" was his reply. "I don't want any more."

Then it was my turn. I took a small sip just in case it was SUPER bad and swallowed. Then I took another one, and had a hard time swallowing it. It was pretty damn bad. I think I was mentally trying to make it taste good, but it just wasn't working.

The point of this blog entry? Don't buy this.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin