Monday, February 7, 2011

38/365

Little A had TONS of homework to do tonight. I'm talking about 8 pages worth of math, phonics and word problems! It was crazy. On top of that, he also had his spelling words to practice for this week. Their bonus words? "epidermis" and "digestion." Yowza!Their unit this month focuses on the Human Body, and they are going over EVERYTHING. I'm not talking about "Hey kids this is where your heart is located, and your stomach sits over and here and your brain is up there..." Nooooo, I'm talking about every week they are going over a different organ or aspect about the body. This week, they are learning about the kidneys, bladder, heart and lungs. They will learn how kidneys clean our blood, why food doesn't go into our lungs and what the difference is between an artery and a vein.

They will be going on a field trip next week to the Halle Heart Museum here in Tempe. What a great treat! It just recently opened, but I am super excited his class is going. Oh and did I mention that he's only in 1st grade? Yeah, I probably learned about Anatamy and Physiology when I was in college, but certainly not at the tender age of 7.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin