Friday, September 3, 2010

Big A's Birthday

Ok, so I guess as you get older, you tend to not have so many out-of-this-world-crazy birthdays. At least, my hubby tends to have very tame birthdays. No planning, no getting together with friends, no surprises, heck--he doesn't even want any gifts.

For me, I consider myself a kid at heart. I would probably STILL have sleepovers if my friends' families would allow it, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE having birthday parties or dinner with my friends. I still love receiving birthday cards, and gifts, and eating cake and ice cream--I don't care how unhealthy it is!

So for Big A's birthday he didn't want to do much. He just wanted dinner with the fam, and that's all. That was his only request....Oh, and some "chocolate and coconut" smothered in there somewhere too.

So we headed out to Pita Jungle because we heart that place so much. It was a nice quiet dinner and for once the kids were on their best behavior...hmmm....must've been the fact that they knew a German Chocolate Cake was in store for them in just a few hours.

When we got home, we had some cake and opened gifts. Since Big A broke a window a few months ago playing golf at our house, it was only necessary that he get a golf net for his birthday....for his sake...and mine too.

Little A worked diligently on his card for daddy all day, and gave him his school project as a gift. It was a diorama of the weather system.

D's gift was a few extra gray hairs for daddy.

Happy Birthday Big A!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

so cute! sounds like he had a perfect birthday with the fam :) and that cake looks delicious!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin