Monday, August 9, 2010

Tempe Town Nothing

The title should be called Tempe Town Lake. Unfortunately, there is no water and therefore, there is no lake. Nothing. Just some dried cracked dirt, some concrete pieces, and miscellaneous junk that was thrown in or somehow made it's way to the bottom when there was water.

3 weeks ago the dam broke, which sent the water it was holding into the Salt River. Right now the dam is being replaced and the water should be back by fall (which is right around the corner). *crossing my fingers*
Last Friday we decided to take a walk around the "lake." It was such a beautiful day, and the kids were itching to get out of the house when Big A got home.

Little A took his scooter out there to ride on while the D man ran beside him. He's getting pretty quick and crafty on his scooter. Good thing he wears his helmet and knee pads.

Is this sign really necessary right now?
Little A wanted to go down this hill with his scooter. Um, I don't think so! I can tell that he was seriously thinking about it.
I see a little silhouetto of a man....and his kids.

Loved the view of the sun setting behind these trees. Amazing!

Always have to show off their muscles!
My boys!


A view of what was once the lake.
Running around can sure make a little guy thirsty.

I took this as a hint that he was ready to go home and eat-- his favorite thing to do. :)

5 comments:

Debra said...

Wow, I had no idea about the dam breaking or anything! It kind of reminds me of the time pre-Tempe Town Lake.

thepunkrockmom said...

Found your blog through Just Another Manic Momday, And I wanted to say I love it! Your pictures are gorgeous (and hilarious- the no swimming sign kills me! LOL). So happy I found your blog!

Hope to see you around the bloggy-verse!
<3MaryAnne

Laun and Catherine said...

Great photos!

Rachel said...

Another AZ friend! I found your blog through Just Another Manic Momday and was pleasantly surprised to find that we both live in the incredibly hot desert! Love the blog about Tempe Town Lake. We've yet to go see it, but your pictures tell it all.

blueviolet said...

I can't believe how deeply the earth is cracked!

Love the silhouettes in the setting sun, gorgeous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin