Friday, August 27, 2010

Sneak Peek at 1st grade

Little A's 1st grade orientation was yesterday. They just HAD to plan it on our anniversary, didn't they? Not like we had any plans anyway, right? *ahem* read a few posts earlier.

So we I listened intently to the director of the school give her little spiel about the expectations, introductions to the teachers and what the classes will be like. D was stirring around and whining right as she started talking, so Big A took him outside to run around. Nice timing D, thanks.

They have an exciting curriculum planned ahead for these kiddos and I am so excited he is going to this school. Here are some pics from orientation:

With his friend, Vikram.


His little outside "locker" area where his lunch and backpack with go.
Standing in front of his "locker." Some of the books his class will be working on.
With his friend Dylan.
Hanging around in the tree house.
Some views of the campus.

D playing with a goat or as he likes to call it, a "Dogdee."

With his friend, Taegan.

His classroom.
The area where his schoolbox goes.
Daily schedule.

They have several animals on campus. I know I am missing some, but how cool is it to have animals at school? Well minus the hissing cockroaches and I am okay with them.






Looking forward to another year at DMS and so is Little A.
ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!!!!

13 comments:

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

OH cute! Beautiful picture! Great job on those!
Following you now and would love for you to do the same and see my blog :)
Frenchy

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love your sweet blog!!! Thanks so much for stopping by The House on the Corner ~ I'm following back!!

Katrina said...

Following from Friendly Friday. :)

Katrina
http://sevinfamily.com

Truthful Mommy said...

Love the photos!I'm your newest follower! Hope you can return the favor.http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Kim said...

LOVE those beautiful photos, what a great way to document the first day of school. I am now following you back, thanks for visiting my blog. I am also a part of a "K" family! ;)
Kelsey
Courageous Mother

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates said...

Looks like a fabulous school!! Next year my girls will be going to kindergarten. Big decisions to make!!

Big Mama said...

How fun! It brings back memories! Thanks for following! I am now returning the favor!

Sarah said...

cute!!!

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

Love those awesome photos!
Stopping by from BMBF!
Alas, I was not able to follow some blogs that really caught my eye due to big Internet connection problems..so I'd love if we'd follow one another.


Hope you're having a great Sundy so far!

B

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

Thank you for the follow. I'm now trying to follow you back..just a hiccup from GFC. I'll come back really soon.

Nice meeting you!

Hope you're having a great day!

B :)

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

Stopping by to thank you for the follow and to return the same.
Nice to meet you and hope you're having a good day!

B

Betty Manousos @ CUT AND DRY said...

And thank you so much for your lovely comments. :)

B

Alicia said...

oh my word! that school is adorable!! seriously it looks so cool! i hope he has an awesome year!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin