Thursday, August 26, 2010

5


Today, Big A and I are celebrating our 5th year of marriage. Normally, we have something big planned like a dinner at a nice restaurant and a night on the town followed by an obligatory exchange of gifts.....but not this year. We did absolutely no planning, no having the grandparents watching the kids or going out shopping weeks ahead to have something just for tonight....no. Nothing.

Both of our little guys are starting school next week (I am pretty sure we are the only ones around starting this late), and we have been so incredibly inundated with work and last minute things that the boys need before they start. My mind and body have literally been all over the place and I just haven't had a spare moment, not one, to devote to this special day for us.

At the very least, I thought that I would make an organic chocolate cake for Big A and I to eat tonight. That was the plan, but I realized that I am missing some items for class orientation tonight and so now I have to run errands to get them. Ugh.....c'est la vie, right?

Happy Anniversary Big A! I have been blessed with the most incredible husband and best friend who has enabled, encouraged and at times corrected me to be much more, and much better, than I could hope to be on my own. You are the most amazing husband a girl could EVER ask for. I admire you so much for your intelligence, your sense of humor (yes, you make me laugh!), and you're the hardest working man around. You really are. If we had never crossed paths 9 years ago, I don't know what my life would've been like. Thanks for everything you do for me Big A. I love you!

6 comments:

All these Halls said...

Love this post. Happy Anniversary. By the way I like your tree picture below. Plus I got your emial about the cake recipe & no, I did not think you were ignoring me. Have fun making it.

blueviolet said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm sure it will be a wonderful day in spite of not being planned out!

Buckeroomama said...

Happy 5th! :) We're celebrating our 7th next week and I haven't done a thing yet either... yikes! Our oldest is starting grade school and I have been so caught up with getting him ready and all. :)

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates said...

That is such a sweet message!

Congratulations on the big day!

Debra said...

Happy anniversary!

Angela said...

I hope you both had an awesome anniversary!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin