Friday, July 9, 2010

Beggin' for Bagels

My family loves bagels. I mean we reeeeeeeealy love bagels. So much so, that we have literally bitten through a dozen in less than 2 days. It's ridiculous, but oh my goodness how I love sinking my teeth into a really good one.

We normally get ours from Chompies or Einstein's because a good bagel entails a chewy one with a hard crust.

Not those nasty supermarket ones that are actually dinner rolls with a hole poked through the center. I'm talking about a delicious hearty bagel with a shiny caramel color exterior and a yeasty, bitter and sweet (all-wrapped-into-one) flavor. Yum!

And although Chompies and Einstein's are pretty darn good in my opinion the best ones (hands down) come from NY. I should know because Big A is from there and his family always brings in bagels for us. And trust me, there is a HUGE difference in taste and texture that the bagels here just cannot compete with.

One of my co-workers and I were discussing bagels once and we got into the topic of the perfect NY bagel. She didn't think there would be a difference in taste, so I gave her one of the one's that my MIL had brought down with her and HOLY SMOKES.....she said she noticed how different the bagel was right away.

I tell ya. Go to NY, eat a bagel and your life will never be the same again.

Little A enjoying his bagel. The boy could eat this for every meal.

The D man trying to put all of it into his mouth at once.

1 comment:

Karen Kaye said...

I don't know... Montreal bagels are pretty darn amazing! Right out of the brick oven, it doesn't even matter what flavour they are or what you put on them. Mmmmmmm........

Blog Widget by LinkWithin