Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Parents

We all have our own way or raising our kids. Whether it's by staying at home with them throughout their school years, working while they are in day care or with family, or having nannies round the clock.

There are also some parents that talk out problems with with their kids, spank them when they are bad, praise or reward them when they are good, ground them, or send them into time-out.

Some of us believe in breastfeeding, extended breastfeeding, formula, or starting them on foods early.

Some of us use cloth diapers, pampers and huggies, or infant potty training.

Some home school their kids, place them in private or public schools, or choose not to school them at all.

There are conventional and unconventional parents, and in some situations; no parents.

We always try to do what's best for our kids. At least, I hope so.

I consider myself a pretty average parent.

And all the while, I think I am doing a pretty darn good job raising my kids. *pat on the back*

There is a a friend of mine from High School who is married and just recently had a kid. His wife is a little bizarre in the "mom department." This is, however, their first kid, so I have to give them a little bit of credit as they are still trying to figure things out. The first kid somehow or another, becomes the "test" kid in the long run.

She's one of my "friends" on facebook. I used to really enjoy her status updates on there. Some were insightful, others...well, I could tell they would make people angry because no one would reply.

When she became a mother, things just got weird. And the more bizarre posts she would put up about her parenting techniques, the more I thought differently about her.

She is probably the most unconventional parent there is out there. By that I mean that if you can imagine what it may be like to have and raise a kid out in the jungle years ago, you may be right on target with her parenting skills. Everything she does for him is by the most natural means possible.

What irks me to the core is just how irritating her posts are becoming, and the more I read them, the more I realize that the people responding to them are as equally bizarre as she is.

I thought it was just me. Really I did. So I decided to get another opinion and I sent some of her posts to my best friend (whose opinion I trust entirely).

She agreed. The girl is out of her mind!

She told me to check out a page online and submit her non-sense parenting to the site. The site is called STFUParents. If you haven't ever been there and are in the mood for a good laugh, check it out. It's a site where people submit either emails, screen shots or articles from parents that either brag about their kids or offer some advice that is down-right ridiculous. The funny stuff is the commentary that the blogger writes after each screen shot.

I just hope none of my status updates, or screen shots make it to that site.

1 comment:

Krista said...

LOL!! (I wanna read her posts now!!!!)
I'm evil, I know.....;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin