Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1st

It's April Fools Day.

Typically I would be pulling off some office prank or a joke on Big A, but since I joke around with everyone the other 364 days a year perhaps I should give everyone a day off. I bought this toy called the Annoy-a-tron from a site called thinkgeek.com.


It's a tiny little magnetic thing, yet it's one of my favorite pranks to pull on people at work. This thing can be hidden anywhere. And by anywhere I mean that you could probably put it on your co-worker's computer directly in front of them and they would probably never notice. The gadget looks like it's part of a computer or a phone, and so it makes it really easy to just fit right in to any office setting.

What it does is set off several beeping tones (high pitched squeal, IM doorbell ring, etc) at various intervals. Because it is hidden, the victim looks around aimlessly trying to figure out where the sound is coming from. They'll hear it go off and then wait a few minutes to hear it again only to be disappointed that they won't hear it again for several minutes later. When I placed this behind my co-workers desk he kept asking me if I heard anything. I denied hearing a thing. This went on for several hours until he became annoyed and I couldn't hold my laughter in anymore.

[enter the Annoy-a-tron's sister]

Meet the Evil-a-tron.



She's a lot smaller yet she packs more sounds to annoy the heck out of your friends. Instead of beeps and buzzes, this one actually has real life sounds like a voice that says, "Hey, can you hear me?", a child laughing, a door creaking, a gust of wind blowing, etc..... I played this one on several of my co-workers and they were losing it. They were all convinced that the sounds were coming from their computer or their telephone. One lady was seconds away from calling the tech services department to have them come look at her computer because she was certain that her computer was "possessed."

If you're looking for a great joke to play on your office co-workers. Try this one out. It's guaranteed to drive them insane.

1 comment:

blueviolet said...

You are brilliant! I love this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin