Thursday, January 7, 2010

The eyes have it

I makeup!

Ask any one of my friends. I enjoy trying out new eye shadows, lip glosses and foundation to try to find out which ones are really good. I worked at a cosmetics store back in the day. We sold every brand imaginable. And I probably tried every brand imaginable. So many looks, so many techniques, so many options. I made people over. So whether you were 70 and trying to look younger, or 17 and trying to look older, I was there to help you out.

And I did.

Several years ago, I bought this book:

It just happened to be conveniently placed on the end-cap at Borders while I was waiting for someone. I snatched it up and lost myself in it. It explains the history of ALL makeup brands, and which ones fair out better in the mass market and prestige. It also rates lotions, and hair care products as well as offers tips for making your own products.

I am not a snob when it comes to makeup. I am not completely blown away by Clinique, Estee Lauder, or Lorac to name a few. But I do however, buy my fair share of expensive cosmetics, because.......well, they are just a heck of a lot better than Cover Girl and Almay. I won't go into complete detail as to which brands of cosmetics I buy, nor will I tell you which products I buy in each brand.

I will tell you something I recently bought and loved. This:

I had been wanting to try these vibrating mascaras out for quite some time, and when my SIL (KK) was out here with hers and loved it. I knew I had to get it too.

There is a button on the handle that vibrates the tip at 7,000 times per stroke. It separates so well! Very easy to use, and it certainly beats the old school way of moving the brush back and forth to separate and then getting mascara remnants on your eyelid.

I would really like to try the other brands that carry this vibrating technique to see how theirs work. For now though, I'll be sticking with this one!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin