Monday, December 7, 2009

The heat is on!

It's been quite a while since I have posted. My weeks and weekends have been filled with tons to do, places to go, people to meet, and not enough time in between.

**Rewind**

Thanksgiving. Yes, Thanksgiving (I know it was a while ago, but I haven't blogged about it).....was fun.

It started with Big A corralling his friends and co-workers for his annual Turkey Bowl at the park by our house. It was too cold and too early for me to bring the kids out there, plus I was in the midst of a mash potato fiasco (more on that in a bit). The Turkey Bowl went well though and it was a nice way to start of the holiday.
We went to my mom's house and the entire fam was over for a fabulous feast. My mom made the turkey and had this clever idea of having everyone else who was coming over bring the sides. I'll have to do that some year, but I refuse to make the turkey. Perhaps I can make the cranberry sauce and everyone else can bring sides and the turkey over. It would be much easier for me.

At any rate, I was the designated mashed potato person. Which is great for me because I love making ANYTHING having to do with a potato. YUM! My potatoes turned out great, but I ended up burning my arm in the process. Apparently I forgot that when you are mashing potatoes in a Kitchenaid Mixer (especially after removing them from the boiling pot) that the side of the metal bowl is EXTREMELY hot. So there I was, sitting at the dinner table, with aloe all over my arm and a Spiderman ice-pack. Pretty huh?

I have some pics I took over at my mom's house, but everyone is either passed out on the couch or floor (literally) from too much food. Sorry folks!

Later that weekend, my girlfriends from ASU flew out for the big ASU/UA game (which we lost, sadly). My friends flew in from NJ, WI and CA, and man I miss them so much. We had a wonderful weekend together dining, drinking and going to the game. So much fun! Thank you ladies!!


While I was doing all of this running around business with my friends, I also had to work. SO, I was literally on 3 hours of sleep every time I was going into work. I felt like a college student all over again....how appropriate.

That weekend, I got a speeding ticket.

My first one where I was pulled over by a cop. Ugh....not fun. Was I speeding? Yes, but I was tired and I REALLY wanted to rush home to catch a few z's. Is there anything wrong with that? No one else was on the road. Damn cop.

This past Friday, me and the fam headed over to First Friday. I came out with some great purchases. A few paintings, some jewelry, shirts, and gelato for Little A. I also ran into a friend of mine from HS who owns a salon in that art district. Leanne and another gal from HS, Ashley own this cute salon that I must try out sometime. They are doing really well. Great job ladies!

Afterward, we headed over to the Phx Children's Museum for THEIR First Friday. The kids had a great time and we stayed until they closed at 10. By the time we drove out of the parking lot, the kids were asleep.

On Saturday night, I went out to Baja Tilly's in Tempe to support my comedian friend B Viddy. I've known him since we were about 8-9 years old. He's been pestering me to come out and see his act, and I was glad I did.

On a completely and entirely separate note unrelated to anything on here, we turned on our heat 3 days ago. It is getting THAT cold. Every year I like to see how long we can go before we have to turn the heat on. This year, we made it to December. Kudos for those that live in AZ!!

1 comment:

Virginia (Jenny) said...

That sounds like you had a ton of fun! I've always wanted to see a comedy act but have just not gotten around to it. Great pics by the way. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin