Tuesday, November 10, 2009

He ain't so little anymore

The D man is turning 1 this Saturday.



I am wondering where my baby went. It seems like just a short while ago he was napping in my arms, sleeping away and swaddled in a tiny striped blue, white and pink blanket from the hospital.

But that's not the case.

Instead, I am watching him crawl around in the yard, stand up and make every attempt possible to take a few steps before he lands rock solid on him bottom. I can see his perseverance, as his cheeky smile gets bigger and bigger the closer he approaches me. And then when he takes a spill, his chagrined face doesn't go unnoticed as he looks around and wonders "what the heck just happened?"

He keeps going though. Making attempt after attempt, to try to walk like his older brother. He sees how fast his brother is moving around, and now he wants to be able to catch up to him.

So he crawls over to his brother and giggles. Because that's what he normally does when he sees his brother. He's funny and he can't get enough of him. He holds onto Little A's pants and stands up next to him. In my mind, I am looking at the very near future when D will FINALLY be walking and standing next to his brother.

No tumbling over, no mummy-style walk, no unbalanced stance.

I notice their height difference and their similarities from behind. The color of their hair, the shape of their head, their extra long torsos, their calves, the shape of their feet.....I am cataloging it all right now. I want to remember this moment in time.

My little guy ain't so little anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown Mami said...

But he's still so cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin