Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Way back WHEN-sday

I know you have probably already scrolled through the pics, and said "what theck is this all about?" So let me see if I can try to explain to you the story behind these smiley faces.

Every year, my hospital has an employee giving campaign to a specific foundation. We can register to have a portion of our paychecks go to this foundation or we can opt out of it all together. Either way, all employees receive something for filling out the form. This year it was a lousy tapemeasure/flashlight/keyring. I didn't like it, but that's beside the point.

2 years ago my work received these ridiculous smiley faces. They were squishy. Kind of like a stress ball and they had bendable arms and legs. What the purpose of these things were...I dunno. So everyone at work started making outfits for them, removing legs, writing on them and pretty soon it became a game/contest (a morale booster if you will) to see who could be the most creative.

Jeez I love morale boosters!

The following photos are the results of what everyone at work did with these smiley faces. And the rules were that you had to use office supplies to transform your smiley face.

ca. September 2007
I believe this was a shepard with his sheep, a stripper, a patient and an angel.
A bride, a viking, a knight, an aerobics instructor, and a ninja?
Bubble boy, conjoined twins, a punk rocker.
Some girl doing the splits, a gangsta, and another gangsta.
The only one I can pin-point is Darth.

Hellraiser, a nurse, Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde, a girl, a pimp.

An extended shot of a previous photo
.

I can't for the life of me remember which one I did. I know it's not in any of these pics.....darn it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin