Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry (from laughing) if I want to.

So this past weekend, I celebrated my fabulous "Dirty Thirty." It turned out so incredibly well. It began with the wonderful surprise visit from my sister-in-law (SIL) and her boyfriend last Wednesday. They just left this morning so it was definitely a long visit for them, but it was so nice to have them here with us, and to have them here celebrating a new decade in my life. I was so sad to see them leave, but I know we will be in NY over the holidays to see them again.

Preparations for my big day were ongoing the entire week. House cleaning, carpets cleaned, rented table and chairs (courtesy of my parents), catering platters, decorations, candles, outdoor lighting, keg, and the mariachi band. Phew! I definitely couldn't have done it without the tremendous help of Big A, my parents, my brother, my SIL and her boyfriend, and some of my very close friends. Thank you to Whitney, Rick and Sunshine for the extra help, it was greatly appreciated. Thanks to
Camille from Badger Photography for handling the pictures.

The theme ended up being a giant Fiesta mainly because we were having a mariachi band here. It definitely was never something that I was thinking about doing, but it turned out really well.

My brother dressed up as Poncho Villa. Complete with sombrero, moustache, boots and a serape. It was fabulous. He even went up to sing with the band....belting out tunes that hardly made sense, but enough to get everyone laughing their asses off. I was crying from laughing so hard. It was the best feeling in the world. I am having a difficult time posting the video, so bare with me. I may hvae to post it separately.


The food was great. The salsa that my friend Rick made was gone entirely too quickly. It was THAT good.


I am still waiting for the pictures to come back and when they do, I will post them on here. For now, here are a few pics that were taken there. Thank you everyone!


My SIL mowing the lawn in the morning.





What the party scene looked like during the day.

And what it looked like at night.

My brother and the mariachi band.

My surprise birthday cake. I had no idea this was planned.




Gearing up to blow out 30 candles.

1 comment:

Michele said...

What a great party...
that's so awsome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin