Thursday, October 8, 2009

I love surprises!!

I was cleaning up the house last night when my brother came over. He had informed me the day before, that he was swinging by because he had a gift for me that he thought I could use at the party on Saturday. I was thinking that maybe he was giving me a beer bong, or some other keg attachment of some sort.
 He came in with one of those earth-friendly grocery bags and inside was a slider phone. I was thinking that maybe this was his birthday gift to me. He told me to turn it on, so I slid the phone down and turned it on. He said "Hang on," and then proceeded to type something on the phone.


It rang.


I was pretty confused as to what he was up to, so he handed me the phone and told me to answer it.  The caller ID read "Happy Birthday" on it and displayed an out of area # that I was not familiar with.  I was thinking that maybe he paid for someone to call me and sing me a birthday telegram, but when I answered, it was my sister-in-law.  She said she was calling to wish me a happy early birthday and asked me what my plans were for Saturday.  As I was going into detail about the weekend, the doorbell rang.  I placed her on hold and and answered the door. It was my sister-in-law and her boyfriend who flew in from NY for my party!  I was stoked and kept pinching myself because I couldn't believe they were here.

They are here until next Tuesday and luckily I don't have to return to work until Tuesday night.  YAY!  I'm so excited!

On a completely separate note, today was my father's 60th birthday.  Him and I have birthdays 2 days apart from each other, and there is exacty 30 years difference between us. I have always thought this was pretty damn cool.

We went out to dinner tonight with the whole family and had a great time. We gave my dad a gift card to Barnes and Noble and to the Apple Store.  I could tell that he was pretty excited. He likes to read, and because he doesn't stick to a specific genre with books, it was only fitting that he received a gift card so he can pick out whatever he wants.  Same with the Apple Store one.  He is looking at the IPod touch and a laptop, but isn't sure which one to get.  At least the gift card allows him to get anything there. Heck, maybe he'll even switch to an IPhone.

But the best gift of all?

Being surrounded by family.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!

Love this picture of him!!

Yeah, it's from this summer, but who cares?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin