Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Halloween Carnival

Yesterday, Little A's Kindergarten class took a field trip over to the elementary school campus for their annual Halloween Carnival. I was fortunate enough to be a parent driver, and able to spend the day with him.














I was wracking my brain the night before on what I was going to dress up as. For those that read my blog, you know full well that the Octomom costume is not going to fly well with other parents or their kids. So I was trying to figure out what I could come up with last minute, and well......I came up with nothing. Apparently my creative juices were not flowing that day. So I went as Mom.




I made some ghost pops (Tootsie Roll Pops made to looks like ghosts) and brought those in. Very easy to make and the kids love them.


What I enjoy most about Halloween at school are the other kids' costumes. There were 4 Transformers (my son being one of them), 2 Spidermen, and a boatload of fairies and princesses. The teachers were dresses up as Mario, Luigi and Princess Toadstool (if you were born in my generation). "Princess Peach" if you were born in the generation that revamped the game.




The field trip was a ton of fun and the kids had a great time. I took the D man with me (of course) and he was dressed up as Tigger. He's such a great kid so their weren't any complaints coming from him.


The kids enjoyed various booths of fun such as:



Spinning Art Booth
How to make a paper airplane booth


Archery



Darts
Bowling (sorry don't have a pic of that one), and a Haunted House which Little A stated he never wanted to go into again.
We really had a great time!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin