Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gotta love October!


My favorite month of the year is here.

October has arrived and so has the beautiful weather, the insane amount of Oktoberfest festivities, the plethora of Halloween costume catalogs and above all else, my birthday.

But this year doesn't mark just any birthday, it marks the end of my 20's. It marks the end of a decade of learning, experimenting, and going from a single life to having a family of my own. It marks a time of graduations, parties, getting a job, marriage and kids.

It marks the beginning of my life.

I am 29 years old as I write this, and in exactly 9 more days I am turning the big 3-0.

Should I be upset?

Well kinda. I'm trying to get over it. My twenties were a blast and I have no regrets. 30 is just another year closer to 40 and ugh....I am definitely not looking forward to THAT age.

Should I be excited to turn 30?

I am trying to embrace it. Trying.....

With that being said, I am having a huge "Dirty Thirty" Birthday bash at my house and I couldn't be more excited. If I am going to ring in my 30's, I am doing it with a bang and inviting some of my greatest friends. The ones that were somehow involved in scooting and supporting me through my 20's. The ones that made me laugh, cry, reevaluate and instruct me. The ones that held my hair back as I puked my guts out after a night of heavy drinking (kidding.) But really, the ones that changed my life in some way, shape, or form. If you were invited, you are one of those people, and I thank you for being a part of my life.

I can't wait.

30 here I come!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin