Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our Anniversary

In the midst of the in-laws visiting and me trying to play catch up on my blogging, I COMPLETELY forgot to mention how my anniversary went last week. I feel horrible for having left out such an important and memorable celebration. At any rate, here is how it panned out.

Big A came home with a beautiful bouquet of red roses, a bottle of wine, and a card. Very romantic and completely unexpected. Usually I am not a huge sucker for the obligatory red roses and wine routine, but it's been such a long time since I have received it that it was beautiful, comforting and romantic all at the same time.

Our plan was to go out to dinner that night. Nothing EXTREMELY over the top, but nothing that would deduce me to a pair of jeans and a top either. After we got all dressed up to leave, Big A told me that my dress needed one more thing. With that, he left the room and arrived back with a Tiffany's bag for me. If there is anything I can say about Tiffany's, it's this, for any woman to receive anything from Tiffany's, it's special. There is something to be said about the traditional blue bag and box that just gives me goosebumps and an extreme case of anxiousness to dive in and see what the hubby picked out. It HAS to be something good. He always has great taste in jewlery.


So I did.

And I received a beautiful smokey quartz pendant.

Amazing. Simple. Classy.

The only flaw? The chain was too short. So unfortunately, I wasn't able to wear it that night. Such a shame, but that's ok. As we speak, the necklace is in NY getting repaired and growing a few inches.

After the wonderful gift opening, we headed to
Caffe Boa in Tempe. We had ourselves a few drinks and enjoyed our night together over a delicious organic and natural cuisine. We gazed lovingly at each other in this dimly lit restaurant and for a brief moment I felt the same sort of butterfly-feeling-in-the-stomach that you get when you first meet someone that you love. Like I said, it was brief, but it was a great feeling and I loved it. I was really having a good time. No kids, no messes, no worries, just pure affection and love.

After dinner we drove to Scottsdale for some coffee. We had a cup of cappuccino and talked, and laughed......and laughed again.

There is nothing more pleasurable than being in the arms of someone you love. Feeling that warm comfort taking over your body, and feeling protected and loved.

It was wonderful.

1 comment:

Mommy Dear said...

That's a good man you've got there!

Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin