Tuesday, September 1, 2009

KINDERGARTEN!!

I am officially the mom of a Kindergartner. I felt like this day took FOREVER. And it did. Little A goes to a private school, so they opted to start later. Which actually worked out well for us, well me anyways, because by the time we went school shopping , everything was 50%-75% off the original retail price.



Spiderman backpack--CHECK! >>>>>>>$5


Spiderman lunch box--CHECK!>>>>>>>$4


Misc. clothes--CHECK!>>>>>>>>I don't know, but I didn't spend much.


I thought I was going to cry. At least, that's what I told myself as I lay in bed the night before with my comforter to my face....nervous for him, and teary-eyed as I was thinking that a part of me still wanted him home with me.


That morning, we got up super early. That last thing I wanted was for him to be late on his first day. I made him his favorite pancakes and we headed off to school. My MIL (mother-in-law) and FIL (father-in-law) were in town so they went with me and took some pics. I think having my MIL and FIL there with me, made it a little easier and less emotional for me.


I was really happy for Little A, and so was he. When we entered his classroom, his teachers informed me that today was a "Free Day" and it would allow them a chance to get to know the kids, as well as let the kids explore and get comfortable with the classroom.

His 1st lunch.

The contents of his lunch: PB&J sandwich, chips, applesauce and lemonade.

Outside the front door.

In front of the school. The best shot of the 10 we took.

A few of his teachers.
He's such a big boy now and we couldn't be more excited for him!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin