Thursday, September 24, 2009

First Field Trip

Yesterday, Little A had his very first field trip to the Hall of Flame Fire Museum. I decided to go with him and volunteered to be a parent driver as well. This was the second time I have been there in my lifetime. The first time I was there, I was Little A's age.

The one thing I remember?

Huge Fire trucks.
That's about it.

But what do you expect? That was almost 25 years ago. :)

Seeing the excitement in Little A's eyes as he peeked through the window of the museum before we entered, reminded me of how I probably was at that age. It's something new, it's something large, and let's face it, fireman in their fire trucks are almost superheroes to us at that age. They're just pretty darn cool.

The kids had a story read to them and were given instructions on calling 9-1-1 and getting out of the house when there is a fire. Some of the kids had the cutest comments, and at times I felt like I was almost in tears at how adorable they were.
They got a chance to climb aboard a fire truck and try on helmets and firemen garb.
They watched a video on fire safety and their tour guide showed them how to stop, drop and roll, crawl on the ground when there is smoke and how to check the door if there may be fire on the other side.
The D man enjoyed the trip too.
Afterward, they got a chance to run around in a playhouse that was set up to show them where potential fire hazards may be, and also gear up and try out the fire truck that was just their size.


His 1st field trip was definitely a success and I am so thrilled that I was able to go on this trip with him.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin