Friday, August 28, 2009

Stimulus Pacifier

I joke around with Big A about the word "stimulus." Although I know what the term "stimulus" means, I like to flip the meaning around and use it to mean "economically deficient." Ever since the whole Obama stimulus check, or stimulus package rolled out to provide recovery to Americans, I somehow decided to refer to poorly made substitutes as a "stimulus ____."

For example, if you can't afford a toothbrush and are using your finger instead, it would be called a "stimulus toothbrush."

Can't afford dinner and you bring in Top Ramen to work? It's called a "stimulus dinner."

Don't have enough for gasoline for your lawn mower so you use hedge trimmers to trim your lawn? That would be a "stimulus lawnmower." Get it?

Well the D man didn't have his pacifier (or "binky" as I like to call it) laying around near him and so I caught him doing this:

Therefore making it......and you guessed it. A "stimulus pacifier."

2 comments:

Lise said...

Oh my gosh - that is freakin' HILARIOUS!!! I was dying laughing watching it. I might need to watch it again... :o)

Bekah said...

I am laughing out loud! SOOO FUNNY!!! I'm totally going to start using "stimulus" in the same way. LOVE IT!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin