Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Love, My Heart, My Soul, My Everything

Today is August 26th, 2009. Today's entry was suppose to be a "Wordless Wednesday" blog, but I've decided to put it off for today, as today marks a very special day in my life. On this day 4 years ago, Big A and I tied the knot. You can do the math all you want, but yes, we had a kid before we were married. We have been together for a total of 8 years and I am so blessed that he is a part of my life.

Here is how it all started:

We met on November 16th, 2001 at the
Bash On Ash in Tempe. You can google it, but the place has now closed. It's sad because it was a really great venue for dancing and for various bands to play there. On that night, I was approached by the most handsomest man on God's green earth who swept me off of my feet with his incredible good looks and amazing personality. He was so sweet and such a gentleman. Never before had I met anyone who didn't propose some cheesy pick-up line, or bombard me with alcohol in hopes of getting somewhere. No, Big A was anything but that. Oh and did I mention that he's funny too?

We met on that night and watched a
"Reverend Horton Heat" concert while we were there. I wasn't a fan of theirs, but a friend had some VIP tickets to the show and promised a good time, so I thought, sure why not! I was dating a guy at the time. Things weren't going well with him and I knew it was time to bid him a fond farewell. Regrettably, I HAD to bring him with me to the concert, but luckily I was able to ditch his ass (and later on, break up with him.) In the process I met Big A.

At this concert, they had some things going on there to entertain people before the band came out. They had a palm reader, a handwriting analyst and a masseuse. I know it was strange, but when you are loading up on drinks, it's kinda cool to get your palm read in a drunken stupor. I was standing in line to get my handwriting analyzed after said loser guy I was dating was on the other side of the place plowing down drink after drink after drink. I was chomping on a mozzarella stick when Big A (who was sitting at the bar next to my line) asked me where I got my food at. I pointed to the table nearby. He got out of his seat, grabbed some food and came back to his seat at the bar. We chatted for a bit, and eventually I told him to just hop in line with me and get his handwriting analyzed. His writing was bad....I definitely remember that. Sloppy, uncontrolled and a bit uneven. But I didn't care.

We chatted for quite some time after that, and I guess you could say that I really enjoyed his company. We watched the band play a bit more, chomped on some food and just.....talked.

It was me that asked him for his #, and it was me who made the 1st call. Pretty ball-sy coming from me, yet not a huge surprise. When I got ahold of him, I asked him if he was going to ever call me. He mentioned that he was just about to call me, but that he was just in a small car accident and would call me back. At this point, I was thinking that maybe he REALLY didn't like me and was making up an excuse not to talk to me.

But my phone rang.

It was him.

We went on our 1st official date a week and a half later and it was........amazing.

And the best thing was, he was honest. His car DID have a dent in it. :)

I love Big A for everything he does for me. For his support, his humor, his outlook on life, and his incredible love for me and our boys. He makes me feel special. And isn't that how every woman should feel?

Thank you for walking into my life Big A. I love you sooooooo much!!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
--Helen Keller

2 comments:

Mommy Dear said...

Congratulations, Michelle!

I hope you two had a lovely day!!

Virginia (Jenny) said...

I heart love stories of how people met. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin