Tuesday, August 18, 2009

From Proms to Playdates

That should be the title of my next book, huh?

A couple days ago I blogged about my busy schedule. You can click here to read that last post. Once again I found myself in a situation where I had to break a commitment I already had for the sake of something else.

I am under the impression that mom's have to do that a lot sometimes. :)

I feel like I am just having to figure that out now, because before I had the D man I didn't find myself quite as busy as I have been.

My option on Monday was either, go to a playdate for 1.5 hours (clearly not enough time) and rush over to swim class (3o minutes away), or ditch the swim class all together. I chose to skip the swim class.

Yesterday, we headed over to my friend Kristy Kay's house with my other friend, Kristy. All of our babies are within 6 months of each other. And all three of us were pregnant at our 10 year High School reunion.....kinda sucks when you can FINALLY (and legally) drink with your old HS buddies, but can't. Alas, it was nice to be able to see all the little kids that were cooking in our bellies a year ago, playing together.


At times I found myself thinking about how we were in HS. Just kids really. Kristy, the Student Body President and social butterfly. Kristy Kay the cheerleader and also the former Miss Teen Arizona 1998. And me, the class clown that was friends with everyone.
I kept thinking in my mind over and over again how all of our lives are crossing paths again in a new way, through a new generation. It's amazing to me.

How will our kids be when they are at the age that we all met in High School? It's obviously a long way away, but it will be fun to see how they turn out.

In the meantime, it's great to watch them play so well together.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin