Friday, August 21, 2009

Dell Lollipop

Ok, I am seriously obsessed with this commercial:




Every time this comes on in between shows I find myself immediately glued to the screen. So much so, that last week Big A, Little A and myself were all engaged in conversation when we heard the opening jingle and we stopped cold.....our eyes veered straight toward the television.

I can't really say what it is that has me soooo hooked on this commercial. Could it be the Willy Wonka-ish factory? The colorful laptops that that are created from the toothpaste-like goo? Or that wonderful "Lollipop" jingle sung by the male quartet....I am, after all used to the original version sung by "The Chordettes."




When I was younger, I was in an after school program at my school called, Cactus Club. It was fun and I have remained very close to many friends that went there back in the day. What I remember most was performing a dance ensemble to the tune of "Lollipop." We all skipped around with lollipops made of popsicle sticks attached to colored paper. Oh and did I mention that we had to act like we were licking the lollipops too? Yeah. I can't really remember doing much else in that skit except for maybe some cartwheels and some other lame dance moves that we thought were incredibly cool at the time and worthy of showing off on stage.

Don't be hatin'. You KNOW this was a great show. ;)


My best friend Leanna reminded of this about a week or so ago, and we just laughed our pretty little heads off. Leanna is actually in this pic, but she is behind me trying to copy my kick-ass moves. I think we giggled our way through the rehearsal and even during the performance. We BOTH think of this skit when we hear that song. We KNEW the show was a joke and licking our way through paper lollipops on stage that were flimsy and torn was just ridiculous.

Sorry Mom and Dad for having to put you though all of this. From the looks of where this shot was taken, I don't blame you for sitting so close to the exit door.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin