Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

I hate overly crowded places. I especially hate overly crowded places during the summer. We wanted to avoid going anywhere crowded for the 4th of July fireworks.

Originally, I had planned on going to Tempe Town Lake for the fireworks show. We were going to take the light rail over there (hoping to save $ and the hassle of parking), but a friend of mine told me how miserable it was last year waiting around in the heat with nowhere to sit.

Big A and I were trying to figure out where we could go for the fireworks show and avoid being surrounded by several other thousands of angry sweaty people and sticky kids. We put our brilliant heads together and found a place.

It was perfect.

We got parking right away and were able to view all the firework shows that Phoenix and it's surrounding areas had to offer. Unfortunately, I will not share with you where we went because I don't want any more people knowing about it. From the looks of the people that were already there, neither did they.

On our way back from this unknown area, we were stuck in traffic.

This was even better because we got a front row seat to the fireworks at Tempe Town Lake. We were so close that we could smell the fumes and see exactly where they were launching the show from on the Mill avenue bridge.

Sorry if the video is a little shaky.

video

Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th!!

1 comment:

Blessed Mommy said...

you crack me up...keeping the place secret, HA! Hey, I don't blame you, lol.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin