Friday, June 12, 2009

Glad it's over

About a year ago today I was a giant stressball. I was heading my 10 year reunion and I had spent nearly 2 years before that, prepping for the occasion. On top of it all, I was also pregnant with D. It wasn't fun, but being in charge of a committee full of wonderful people who were such an incredible help made it a little easier for me to deal with such a huge amount of stress.


It was around this time last year where we were getting down to the wire with the final details.

What was the final head count?

Why are there still RSVP's arriving after the deadline?

Why is this person upset with me that they didn't get an invite when I had been trying to get in touch with them for so long?

Should we switch some items on the menu and go with the roasted round of beef or the chicken marsala?

What else should we add for the centerpieces?

Who's going to work the front and check everyone in?

How come the nametags aren't printing out correctly?

All of these, and more, are the reasons why I was such a royal mess last year. It was time-consuming and I literally felt like I missed out on Little A's life that year. We were holding meetings, I was on the internet 24-7, I was texting more often than I normally do, and even while Little A was playing soccer all I could think about was the reunion. I was in constant communication with the committee, and yet I felt like having an exchange of words with my husband about [insert topic here] was taking time away from something I should be doing for the reunion. It was the worst feeling in the world.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can get 1 year of my life back.

But the time has passed and my reunion turned out better than I could have ever imagined. I was glad that our class had the reunion party that we truly deserved.

Cheers to such a wonderful group of people. And as hesitant as I am to say this, I am looking forward to what's in store for us for our 20th.

Click here to view our class site!

Hopefully I won't be a stressful mess.


1 comment:

Virginia (Jenny) said...

Oh man, I didn't go to that because I only went their for a year a half and I didn't think anyone would remember me even though I remembered all that. I especially remembered the ones I went to junior high with (like Cassie). Man, that sounded so hard to put together but it looks like you did a fantastic job AND you made lots of memories for many people. You're pretty awesome.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin