Monday, June 1, 2009

Children's Museum and the AZ Center

On Saturday I met up with my friend, Trisha, and her daughter Alyssa over at the Phoenix Children's Museum. This has literally become one of my favorite places to take the kids when there isn't much to do around town. The kids had a great time playing around there, and we left shortly after 1 to grab lunch over at the Arizona Center.

The last time I was ever at the AZ Center had to have been when I was 18-19 years old. I think. Actually, I would LIKE to think that I have been there at some point in my 20's but nothing is really coming to mind right now. At any rate, I remember being there at age 18-19 and smoking cigars with my friend Rona. We were trying to figure out whether you are suppose to inhale a cigar or just puff away.

Now 10 years later, I am sitting at Uno's Pizzeria at the AZ Center with my friend Trisha and our kids having lunch. It was weird. I was just a kid back then. Now, I'm taking care of MY kids.

We headed over to Cold Stone afterwards and our ice cream turned into a nice soup within minutes upon exiting the creamery. It was tasty though.


I noticed a splash area not too far from where we were and Little A and Alyssa decided to go splash around there. They had such a great time. I think we must have been watching them for at least 2 hours just kicking water and sitting on the holes where the water was coming through.
It was a hot day, but it was a fun one!!

1 comment:

Virginia (Jenny) said...

I've never been to the children's museum. I can't wait to plan all these out this year while I am homeschooling. :D I just recently went to the Az Science Center and we didn't even have time to see everything there. It was awesome

Blog Widget by LinkWithin