Sunday, May 31, 2009

Breathe in.......now exhale......

I needed a break last week......seriously. I don't know what it was......
whether it was a mix of being just absolutely frustrated at work.....

having both kids home with me during the day when I should be sleeping...


or if it was the impending arrival of my Aunt Flow........(you know which one).


I don't know what it was, but all I can say is that I am glad that last week is over and done with.

I was tired. That was certain. I ended up falling asleep around 5:30pm on Friday night and not waking up until 7:30am the next day. I needed it.

Work has seriously been placing sooooo much stress on me. But what can I say? I have a very stressful job.


Is it the work itself?.....kind of.

Is it the people?......well, that too.


I won't go into depth about my job description. What I will say is this...


I'm a very diligent worker. I always have been. There has never been a job that I haven't been able to do. My personal slogan for myself when I apply to jobs is this:

"HIRE ME, I GET IT."

And I do.

I also have a strong work ethic and I believe in getting the job done right the first time. What I don't agree with is having one person handle the job of several different other people, while everyone just kicks back and relaxes. It's not fair, and quite honestly....it's not right.

Times are tough. I know. I shouldn't complain about my job. I should be happy, right? Well last week wasn't the case and it has certainly earned it's place on my list as one of the worst weeks ever.

Glad it's over.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin