Saturday, April 25, 2009

Passionate Blogger Award!!



I received this award from Mommy Dearest. I used to go to school with her back in the day and just recently found her and got in touch with her. Thanks so much for this award!! I kind of wish there was an actual "blog" button like that!


The Rules:


1. Put the logo in your blog


2. Write five things you are passionate about apart from blogging


3. Tag 5 people on your lists and let them know you tagged them.


Things I am passionate about:


1. My Family--They are all sooo important to me and have each made a strong impact in my life in some way or another. I cherish all of our special moments together. We truly believe that laughter is the best medicine. Though Big A and I have hectic work schedules, we always make time for each other and have our Friday "coffee date nights" to share. Not only is MY family important to me, but we are also thankful for OUR parents who are soooo incredibly supportive and are literally always there for us.



2. The phrase "carpe diem"--Seize the day! I had a friend that suddenly passed away 2 years ago. Her death, sad to say, was a wake up call for me to literally live for the moment. And not that I never really "seized the day," but that I needed to do more to truly make life worth living. What hurt me the most, were the few waning months before her death when she consistently called me to get the kids together. I promised her I would, but at the time, I was taking a few Masters credits at ASU and I was working nights. I kept telling her, "next week", but then when "next week" rolled around, I found myself pushing it back another week. 3 days after her death was our official scheduled playdate. Needless to say, I have my regrets. But for this, I learned that all these things; work, school, housecleaning--they can wait. What can't wait is what little time we have on earth and the moments we can share with those that mean the most to us.

3. Health--Ever since Big A and I read "You on a Diet", we are neurotics fantatics about understanding what we are eating and what effects certain kinds of foods and ingredients have on our bodies. We don't count calories, sodium or fat content. We look at the actual ingredients themselves. We avoid foods that contain, among other things; high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils and enriched flour. We are avid shoppers at Whole Foods, and we believe in simple ingredients for all foods. Basically, if there are 20 ingredients listed for a tortilla, we dont buy it.


4. Education--I love school. If I could get paid to be a full-time student for the rest of my life, I would jump at the chance. There is nothing more exciting than learning. Perhaps I was a teacher in another life--I don't know. I hope my kids enjoy school as much as I did.


5. Sleep--Yeah I know. You're like, what? really? sleep?. Yes, it's true. I'm passionate about sleeping. It feels great when I get up and even better when I go to sleep. I feel better, think better and perform better. I'm a great sleeper too. Just hand me a pillow and a blanket and I am out cold in just a few minutes. I have always been like that.


Oh, and this is me catching some Z's


Passionate Bloggers I pass this award on to:

Keeping Up With the Badgers
Party of Four
Debabblings
Meet Virginia
Conceptual Reality

1 comment:

Mommy Dear said...

How funny--maybe we can become docents together in the future!! ;-) I stopped at the 1/2-way point of getting my bachelor's, but I was going to major in that, too! Too funny.

Yes, I'm glad we got in touch! We'll have to do lunch someday or wait for the next OMS reunion! :-)

K

Blog Widget by LinkWithin