Friday, April 24, 2009

The grim reality of our times.

I really hate to dip my fingers into politics, but I am.


The other day, I read in the news that the CFO of Freddie Mac committed suicide. It was extremely difficult to read given the gruesome details that he had hung himself in the basement of his home and he left behind his wife and 5-year old daughter. It's a sign of the times we live in, and it's really upsetting to me.

After I read that news report, I realized that things are truly getting out of hand in this world. I thought to myself, as I read said article, "What is this world coming to?"

I said the EXACT same thing after the Columbine shooting, the 911 disaster, and also when Bush Jr was appointed President of the US--seriously though.....what the hell is going on??


Can anyone answer this for me?

Perhaps, I should consult the banks. You know, the ones who at the forefront of the economy crisis decided that they needed to be bailed out in order to halt mortgage foreclosures?

Yeah, them.

You know, the ones that were given billions of dollars to clear up the mess but decided, instead, to give everyone million dollar bonuses with our tax money. I won't mention any company names here, but I'll give you a hint: It's 3 letters long, starts with an "A", ends with a "G" and there's an "I" somewhere in the middle there.

You know what? Why don't I ask the automakers instead. They seem to be the ones to have a clear head on their shoulders. They are the ones that asked for bailout money so that they wouldn't have to lay off thousands of their workers. Oh boo hoo. Let me cry a river here.

How many other thousands of people lost their jobs while this was going on and didn't work for a large monopoly that were fortunate enough to have that bailout money available to them?

Let me cry another river for those automakers who had asked for a SECOND bailout package because the first one just wasn't enough for them to keep their companies afloat.

This just isn't fair and to be honest--it doesn't make sense to me or any other living, breathing, tax-paying American either. I've said it, read it and heard it before, but WHY wasn't that $ given to us? How about bailing out the people who really need it? Giving $ to Fannie, Freddie, GM, FORD or whoever, has not helped me in the least bit.

Has it helped you?

I can't name one single individual I know of that is enjoying life now and living without worry because Chrysler received billions of dollars. In fact, I have more jobless friends now than ever. It seems to be the new hip trend--jobless!
Joking aside though, their companies had no other choice but to let them go. One of my friends called me yesterday in fact, and told me that she just got layed off. She's one of those friends that was a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) for years and decided to jump back into the workforce only to be layed off 7 months later because they couldn't afford her.

Soooo not fair.

Every day it's something new though, and quite frankly, it's just getting worse. I try to avoid the news all together. It makes me angry.

I don't want to hear about billions of $ going here and there, when I know people who can't afford child care and have to stay home now.

I don't want to hear about companies asking for more $, when I know people that haven't seen any money in their bank accounts in the last few months.

I just don't want to hear it.

My question for the government and world is slowing transforming from "What the hell is going on?" to "What the hell is next?"

1 comment:

Mommy Dear said...

There's a little sumpin' sumpin' for you on my blog! Go get it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin