Thursday, April 30, 2009

1st Haircut

Ewww.....I hated writing that out. Especially since my mom, who reads this daily, will probably call me the second she reads this blog.

Alright, I caved.

I gave D a haircut.

I didn't really want to, but his hair was out of control, he was getting knots everytime he woke up from a nap AND people still thought he was a girl.

I will say this, for those that are reading (ahem, mom) that D looks a lot better with his hair cut this way. It was difficult to do, and I nearly lost a finger in the process, but overall I think he looks better.

He's 5 months old.


I don't know when exactly kids are suppose to get their first haircut. Little A was a little over a year old....ok...maybe older....when he received his 1st hair cut. With Little A though, I KNEW we waited too long to have his hair cut.


Little A before his much needed haircut.


AND, Little A wasn't born with a mohawk like D was. In fact, Little A didn't have a TON of hair until he was around 8-9 months and from there it just completely took control over his head.


So, back to D. There I was.....scissors in hand, paper bag (for cut hair), and a silly 5 month old moving around not knowing what was about to happen to him. For those that need a reminder of what D's hair was like before the cut, here you go:

The evidence:

And the result:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks great, although you really should have waited. Love Mom.

Lani said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *crying*

Though I am heartbroken (haha) I understand a baby with knotty hair isn't the best plan. I will miss it though!!! Luckily, he is so cute he could be bald and it wouldn't matter.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin