Monday, February 16, 2009

Sign sign everywhere a sign.....

While taking my normal route to work a couple days ago, I caught a quick glance of a house with several political yard signs in the front yard. By "several" I don't mean 2 or 3. I'm talking about 20. What inspired this individual to do this, is beyond me. Perhaps he's trying to cause an accident or maybe he's someone who is craving some attention. If you notice, I'm also writing this as if a guy did it because I just couldn't see some woman going outside and sticking these hideous signs in her front yard.

I drove by the home again as I left work and I had to stop by and take some quick pics. Apparently this individual is creating a "Monument to the Unelected" as he has indicated in a separate hanging sign (very similar to a FOR SALE sign).

I called the phone # indicated on one of the signs. It's actually a piece of artwork by a FEMALE artist from the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art. She has placed this "art" in 3 different locations throughout the valley. Her art was based on the fact that "election signs" are only up very briefly before an election and you never see them again. You can call this # for more info.

480.281.9922 #30

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin