Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Leanna!

Today is my best friend, Leanna's birthday. She turns the big 29! I have known this girl since we were about 7 years old. I always joke with her about how we met because when we were little she would constantly come up to me and tell me that her middle name was "Michelle." Apparently we both must have thought that it was cool and deemed worthy of us becoming best friends. I think at some point in my life I wanted her as a sister more than anything. At least it always felt like she was one anyways.

I think Leanna and I used to spend EVERY waking moment at each other's homes. Sleep overs, shopping, movies, parties...you name it....we were always together. We also use to sport those super cool "Best Friends" necklaces. If I remember correctly, I was always the "Be Fri" portion of it. These necklaces were so cheap and so we would lose them all the time.
I also remember swapping shoes while we were at school and then wearing each other's shoes home. I always remember my mom asking me "Who's shoes are those? Leannas?" I look back on that and wonder why we ever did that. But then I am reminded that we were just kids and sharing things with your friends was best thing ever.

I have never loved a friend more so than I love Leanna. She lives in Missouri now, but if I am lucky, I get to see her about every couple of years. I miss her terribly and would move in a heartbeat if I could to be near her. I remember telling her not too long ago that if I ever moved to another state, I
would miss my friends back home terribly and would probably want to move back, but if I moved to where she was I would probably forget about my friends because I have too much fun with her.
She cracks me up because whenever we go out, we are ALWAYS laughing at the same thing. Her laugh is utterly contagious. All we have to do is glance at each other and we automatically know what the other is thinking.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEANNA!! I miss you!!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin