Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back to work I go

Last night, I returned back to work after being off for a little over 3 months. I have to admit that it was extremely difficult. All I could think about all night were my kids and how much I already missed them. I must have looked at Little A's pic on my desk at least 30 times during my 12 hour shift, and I couldn't help but open my cell phone to look at D's pic as well. The only thing I was really looking forward to was seeing "some" of my co-workers again.

When I first walked in, all I dreaded was having to go through the tons and tons of email that had built up in the past 90 days.

I spent about 2 hours sifting, sorting, and deleting emails at work which was no fun task at all. My inbox had 126 emails in it, but I also had 2 other folders from my supervisors with nearly 70 in each one.....not fun!

I trekked through the rest of the night and crashed at about 1 am. My right eye was bloodshot and I was certain that it was because they were extremely dry on top of me being extremely tired. Needless to say, I made it through the night and went home at 7 in the morning to a bright eyed baby ready to play.

I don't know how I am going to be able to juggle working night and taking care of a baby during the day. It's going to be difficult. Big A said it best this morning, "Think of it this way, would you rather stay with him during the day on little sleep or have some meth-head daycare provider screaming 'SHUT-UP' to him everytime he cries?" Believe it or not, that actually made me feel better.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin