Wednesday, January 21, 2009

RSV

On Saturday night I could not bare the sound of D struggling to breathe anymore. At first it started with a small cold that seemed to have escalated to him having a difficult time taking a breath.


I drove about 15 minutes out into Gilbert to take him to Good Night Pediatrics. They are great! This facility is open from 5pm-5am and there are several locations throughout the valley for situations like this that occur on the weekend when the doctors offices are closed and you don't feel like taking your kid to the ER for something so minute.


Unfortunately, when I got there his oxygen was VERY low and he was positive for RSV. I was given the option of driving him to a hospital to be admitted or to have an ambulance come pick us up.


I drove him to Banner Desert and he was admitted right away. I really feared for his life at this point and am kicking myself over and over again that maybe I did something wrong.

The poor little guy had his nose and throat sucked out every 3 hours or so, and he had Albuterol treatments. He was in the hospital for 5 days and he is home now. He seems to be doing fine, but all of this was soooo scary.


On top of it all, I had a freakin' gall bladder attack while I was staying overnight with him and I had to go to the ER again to get it checked out. This is the 3rd time this has happened. Ugh......

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin